Skip to main content.

Keaton Summer Hunt and Picnic

As the summer begins to wind down, it is time to take to the woods for a sporting bit of hunting! Half welcome party for the recent Keaton arrivals, and part excuse to host a rager, House Keaton is encouraging those who would like to join them to head into the woods and hunt things. In honor of Lord Kyler Keaton, hunting with raptors is encouraged, but bow and arrows are welcome as well.

After the hunt is complete, guests will be welcome back to the Keaton Hall for a lavish picnic on the pastoral grounds. Food and beverages of only the highest quality will be served and blankets and baskets will be provided by the hosts. Come and celebrate with Keaton!

**************************
We will run the hunt portion first, with prizes for top two hunters. After there will be a casual social gathering. All are welcome!

Date

Aug. 12, 2020, 9 p.m.

Hosted By

Reigna Kael

GM'd By

Reigna Kael

Participants

Kyler Kritr Rosalind Kastelon Sunniva Vitalis Shae Amari Kedehern Rowley Apollo Margerie Tesha Alessia

Organizations

Location

Arx - Ward of House Valardin - Keaton Hall - Grounds

Largesse Level

Extravagant

Comments and Log


2 Keaton Huntsmen, Marigold, a cheeky pygmy goat, River, a happy Oakhaven bloodhound, Barf, the Bog Dog, Bandit, a dapple gray Duskshire feral arrive, following Amari.

Margerie takes Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Amari gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Vitalis takes Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Shae gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Rosalind takes Table of picnic baskets.

Rosalind drops Table of picnic baskets.

Kritr gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Sunniva takes Table of picnic baskets.

Sunniva drops Table of picnic baskets.

Rosalind takes Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Kedehern gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Vitalis puts Early Retirement, a diamondplate halberd in a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Vitalis wields a diamondplate bow with an earthen green leather grip.

Baelor gets Table of picnic baskets.

Baelor drops Table of picnic baskets.

Sunniva takes Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Vitalis puts A little green seedling in a clay pot in a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Vitalis puts a simple cloth pouch in a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Vitalis puts Keaton picnic basket in a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Vitalis puts Shaman's Spring, a hedonistic scent in a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Rowley gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Baelor gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

The grounds are set up with little torches sunk into the ground, waiting to be lit when the light begins to die. But that is hours away! The hunt is set for afternoon, and the group is scheduled to meet up at the gates exiting the Valardin Ward for the Gray Forest beyond. Reigna is astride her horse, Nightfall, armed with her bow, her eagle and Oaken. She seems excited, and as the others begin to arrive she calls out in her Outside Keaton Voice: "Welcome hunters! I have been told there are many beasts near by this afternoon, with a few deer spotted and some plump grouse and quail. Are you all ready?"

Margerie has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Kastelon wields an Oakhaven-style longbow.

Sunniva has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Kritr has a grey palfrey at hand and a boarspear straped under it's saddle. It is clear what he expects to hunt. "JAST!" He shouts back, matching Reigna's enthusiasm with his own volume.

Kael is on his own steed - a loaner, of course, and letting his wife take the lead with offering forth the general directions. He seems more amused than not, and while he has his typical weaponry about him it certainly seems as though he is just astride his steed to trot along with Reigna. More a tour than a hunt, you see.

Rosalind is pretty excited to hunt! Like should she out and about DOING these things? Probably not. But here we are. Hearing Kritr, she waves and smiles at him,"Hi Krit!"

Kastelon raises his longbow as Reigna calls. He does not shout JAST or anything of the sort, but he wears a peculiar happiness that does not present itself as a smile, and Resolute is standing poised by his side. The bloodhound can scent the excitement of a pending hunt in the air.

An autumn picnic is an excellent diversion, and Sunniva was only too happy to arrive at the start of the hunt. She isn't dressed for a hunt, in her silk gown, but she did bring along a little medicine basket, just in case - though Reigna no doubt has more than she could need here at the house. Habits are hard to break! She smiles at the hunters enthousiasm, but most definitely stays out of the way unless needed.

Rowley has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Vitalis has escort duties to see to, delivering Margerie to the onlookers, bowing from the saddle. He and his horse are both ghosts, dark and pale, alternately - but eerily silent, both.

"Yes!" Shae shouts excitedly from where she was standing near her husband, Kedehern. Smiling brightly, the Keaton Huntswoman pets Carwyn, her Greenmarch War Elk.

Amari is ready with the others, her dapple grey gelding stamping impatiently as he can see the forest in the distance. She tries to calm him with a pat on the neck, but he's too eager to gallop off. "Bandit's ready." She quietly reports as she takes the moment to do a final check on her gear. Quiver? Full of arrows. Curved horse bow? Strung and ready. Boot knife? check.

Kedehern was astride a chestnut courser it seems, rather than the usual dappled grey destrier he usually rode, with a spear in hand, next to Shae upon her war elk. There's a smile on his face, as he listens to Reigna, and watches the others gathered at the moment.

The hunters ride out, quickly reaching the forest and begin to spread out a bit so as not to scare all the game away. Reigna does say, before anyone gets too far, "Stay in earshot, the last thing we want is someone getting lost!" The day is warm with a nice crisp breeze. The autumn means animals are getting ready for winter, bold in their need to fatten up, which makes for good hunting.

Amari checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 5 higher.

Kedehern checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 17 higher.

Shae checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 23 higher.

Rosalind checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 6 higher.

Vitalis checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 35, rolling 2 higher.

Vitalis checked perception + survival at difficulty 35, rolling 16 higher.

Kritr checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 62 higher.

Rosalind checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 11 higher.

Kritr checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 2 higher.

Kedehern checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 9 higher.

Vitalis checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 11 higher.

3 House Mazetti Guardians, Sirra, a very quiet maid, an indeterminate number of cats, Rance, a confused swan that likes to headbutt arrive, following Alessia.

Amari checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 30 higher.

Shae checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 1 higher.

Alessia has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Rosalind is happily on her caribou Honeymare. Yep. Caribou. She carefully stridse

Vitalis presses heels to his horse's flanks, pressing him ahead slowly, his eyes track loosely through the foliage, movements slow and steady, ragged scars livid across his face, left eye with blood-marked sclera. Rocker, normally staid, gives a curious flicker to the caribou and rider as they pass. Vitalis' focus is on the autumn wood... there. A flicker of movement.

Kritr rides through the woods paying more attention it seems to his seat than to any tracks. When he does spy a rabbit, stealthy enough to avoid starting it, he just stares at it in contemplative silence. "Be safe brother rabbit. Today is not your day."

Siri, an attentive apprentice, Paris, a charming mercenary, 2 Keaton Huntsmen, Nomius, a deeply skeptical bloodhound arrive, following Apollo.

Rosalind is happily on her caribou Honeymare. Yep. Caribou. She carefully straddles her, riding along. Taking great care in her stitches. Because yes--stitches. Rosa is quiet. Pausing for a moment. A slow smile creeps onto her freckled face. A turkey makes his appearance and she brightens a bit. Careful not to scare it.

Kastelon checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 3 higher.

As Kedehern takes off atop his horse, he keeps his eyes peeled for any game he might find. And find it, he does! If not what he'd been looking for, specifically... Well, he'd been hoping perhaps for a deer, or boar, but... Grouse are good eating, too. He frowns to himself a moment, and starts to rethink his approach, as he dismounts, and sets the spear aside. A change of planss! Boar spears are a poor choice for grouse, but luckily, his wife had taught him plenty of trapping skills that might work on the birds.

Apollo has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Rowley break

Kastelon checked luck at difficulty 1, rolling 8 higher.

It's really difficult to do a good job of searching for game trails and tracks when one's horse just wants to go fast, as Amari's Duskshire feral wants to. At first there's some attempt to rein him in, but eventually rather than struggle she seems to decide he'd maybe chill out of he just ran some of that pent up energy out. Together they crash ahead through the wood with her tucked low to keep from being hit by branches and violently dismounted. The pair frighten up squirrels that chitter angrily, and roosting birds that fly off squawking protest. It's when they're nearly out of earshot of the party that they run into a boar, literally. With a squeal it rolls itself out from under Bandit's crashing hooves and takes off through the brush.

"BOAR!" Amari shouts as loudly as she can before unleashing a whoop and another, should anyone wish to take up the pursuit with her, presumably. That or she's just gotten overexcited by the surprise boar.

Apollo comes up from the gate - gives his guard's arm a squeeze, leaves him there - and heads... squinting... for the carpet. Seems he's on a track to find a good place to sit, watch the hunt, and chat... with Margerie. He gives her a smile rather than interrupt any conversation already in progress.

Kritr is inclined to boar tonight, so when Amari shouts to beat the boars flight, he nudges the horse in the direction of the shout. He'll listen in the hopes of catching something larger, but the odds are, it's too far away for him to give chase. Perhaps, if Amari misses her shot, he'll have one of his own.

Amari checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 23 higher.

Kedehern checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 26 higher.

Margerie waves at Apollo, part greeting, part beckoning.

Vitalis checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 35, rolling 0 higher.

Kastelon checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 13 higher.

Rosalind wields a diamondplate bow with a spruce green leather grip.

Rosalind checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 30, rolling 18 higher.

As Kastelon walks onto the field late to corner his own quarry, he hears Amari's gleeful whooping and clicks to Resolute, rushing through the woods with swiftness after her horse. He's going to help her with that boar, whether she needs it or not. The bloodhound's baying carries on the crisp fall air.

Shae checked perception + survival at difficulty 30, rolling 28 higher.

Quietly Shae makes her way through the woods, looking for tracks, and signs of game as she goes. Her dogs following along with her, sniffing around as well. Spying some possible tracks, and with Daegmund picking up the scent of some rabbits. Shae slides off her War Elk, and starts to work on setting up some snares, to catch the rabbits. It was fall afterall, and rabbit stew would be great for the chilly weather.

It's a deer he's spotted. Arrow nocked, he lifts and sights, squeezing his eyes shut. The arrow tip wavers, steadies, he looses just as... 'BOAR!' comes the cry. The deer bolts like an arrow itself and Vitalis hisses, putting heels to Rocker's flanks in earnest, if it wasn't a clean shot, he'll have work to do. A silent prayer to Petrichor shapes his lips as he runs down his quarry, keeping a sharp eye out for sign - and that boar!

Amari checked perception at difficulty 20, rolling 6 higher.

Amari is up in her stirrups and drawing her bow smooth and quick the moment she sees the opportunity arise. The boar zigs, when it probably should have zagged and that arrow flies true. Not that it immediately falls stone dead, by any means, it's a big, ugly boar and it just keeps crashing on. It might require a spear to convince it that it's actually already dead and should stop.

Atramentous, The Highhill War Hound arrives, following Tesha.

Kritr arrives with said spear, and falls in behind Amari in following the boar through the undergrowth. "Well done Lady Keaton. Do you need a spear to finish the job?"

Pausing Honeymare with a gentle nudge, Rosalind slides off carefully. "We're bringing home this turkey, you watch!" Carefully adjusting herself before grabbing an arrow and knocks it. Her large hazel green eyes watch, searching. With steady arms, she raises her bow and pulls the string back. When the turkey pokes it ugly skinny head out, Rosa patiently waits for the rest--and releases the arrow. Watching as it flies through the air and hits the intended target. A smile appears on her lips as she nods a bit, lowering her arms.

As the boar Amari shot begins to flail around, it screams a high-pitched piggy noise of pain and hate! PIGGY HATE. That cry is echoed and compounded by five other animals, the rustling of the brush signals an entire piggy horde, charging directly at Amari, hunter of boar.

Vitalis runs his prey to earth, the shot was true, if just barely, but he makes certain of the work with clean strokes of a long-bladed knife. His face turns ashen, pale as his horse as he sits over the deer's cooling corpse, staring strangely at the creature, head tilted one way then the other. He calls for Keaton hunters to come finish stripping the kill, staggering upright. His head yanks around at the shrill of enraged boar and he near stumbles into Rocker in haste to mount, his bow left with a hunter, halberd retrieved. The two press for the thrashing of the injured boar's sounder.

With the snares set up, it was just a waiting game now. Shae and Daegmund having pulled back, hidden in some thick foliage, as she watched and waited. Carwyn, just behind them. And soon enough, her traps go off, catching some rabbits in the snares. Petting Daegmund, "Going to have some rabbit stew." She says happily to him, heading over to grab the rabbits she has caught.

At the loud sound of angry piggies, Shae gives Daegmund a hand signal, and off the dog goes, sprinting toward the sound to help Amari! While Shae quickly gets back on to Carwyn, and hides as fast as she can in the direction as well.

Vitalis checked dexterity at difficulty 10, rolling 18 higher.

Rosalind checked dexterity at difficulty 10, rolling 16 higher.

The trap seems to work to perfection, and soon Kedehern has a brace of two grouse hanging from his belt. It's no giant boar, perhaps, but at least it's good eating. Hearing the boar, and Amari's yell, he's soon back in the saddle, to assist if need be, of course!

Amari checked dexterity at difficulty 10, rolling 21 higher.

Kritr checked dexterity at difficulty 10, rolling 5 higher.

Tesha didn't forget about the picnic, but, she was on time like she usually is. The crimson clad Telmar makes her way into things quietly and tries not to make any interruptions to conversations or hunts. Though she does here some VERY angry boards. She looks around for a familiar head of silvery hair, but, finds his sister instead and heads that way towards Margerie, "Baroness." she greets with a dip of her head and greets those that are around her.

Tesha has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Kedehern checked dexterity at difficulty 10, rolling 14 higher.

Baelor has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Shae checked dexterity at difficulty 10, rolling 23 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) at difficulty 10, rolling 20 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) at difficulty 10, rolling 27 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) at difficulty 10, rolling 21 higher.

"Lord Kritr, a spear would certainly do. Unless you brought some throwing axes." Amari replies in a congenial way as she turns towards the big, and thankfully familiar Northerner. Spying the spear, she gives a nod to it to silently ask permission without, and reaches over to take it and deliver a coup de grace. When it's over, she holds it back out to the man and begins to say something then, but the words die in her throat. Five boars raging through the underbrush towards her, tusks gleaming in the dappled sunlight, will tend to make you forget what you were going to say in a hurry. They don't look happy. They don't sound happy either.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) at difficulty 10, rolling 33 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) at difficulty 10, rolling 39 higher.

Kritr wields Skycleaver, diamondplate axe.

Vitalis puts a diamondplate bow with an earthen green leather grip in a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Vitalis takes Early Retirement, a diamondplate halberd from a hydra-tooled black leather satchel.

Vitalis wields Early Retirement, a diamondplate halberd.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + small wpn(5) at difficulty 15, rolling 34 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + small wpn(5) at difficulty 15, rolling 52 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + small wpn(5) at difficulty 15, rolling 14 higher.

34 inflicted and Kritr is unharmed.

52 inflicted and Kritr is unharmed.

14 inflicted and Amari is unharmed.

The fastest of the boars (they are all terribly fast) are on Kritr and attacking with charging swipes that do little more than graze the man's armor. A third charges Amari, but cannot reach the Keaton lady, though it does bite her boot. Gnah!

Kastelon slides to a stop on a dry-leaf-strewn hummock, gazing at Amari's squealing and enraged prey. Bringing his bow to bear and drawing an arrow to knock, he aims precisely and a helpful arrow cuts sharp across the breeze to bury into the creature's bristling flank.

Amari checked dexterity + medium wpn at difficulty 20, rolling 30 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + small wpn(5) at difficulty 15, rolling 24 higher.

Reigna GM Roll checked dexterity(5) + small wpn(5) at difficulty 15, rolling 30 higher.

24 inflicted and Shae is unharmed.

Kritr gets off his horse and swats the gray's haunches to get it out of the way. He plants his feet and lets the departing horse slide his weapon free of where it is strapped to the saddle. That was the intent though, his maneuver is not as smooth as he could have been and he is bowled over by a pair of swine. They're tushes glance off his armored legs, but even his 18 stone can't keep it's balance at the double impact. He is left in a more vulnerable kneeling position, axe flat against the ground instead of raised up to fend off the next boar.

30 inflicted and Kastelon is harmed for minor damage.

Shae checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 20, rolling 17 higher.

Vitalis rides up, late to the unfolding scene, slipping from Rocker's back and lowering the tip of his halberd as he tries to discern where the greatest need is. He's squinting like mad, blinking, and shaking his head. The scars stand out bright and raw-looking as he struggles to choose a target.

[EDIT] ...scars on his face...

The two remaining boar burst out of the brush and charge at Shae and Kastelon. Shae's armor deflects the damage, Kastelon's armor however, buckles as the porcine menace draws blood.

There. Buckling armor. Blood. Vitalis lowers the tip of his blade and bares teeth as he strikes.

As soon as Shae arrives, bow already in hand, she is pulling an arrow from her quiver and quickly takes aim at one of the boars attacking Kritr. The arrow digging a nice furrow in the boars back. Which turns to stare murderously at her.

Vitalis checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 25, rolling 34 higher.

Rosalind checked dexterity + archery at difficulty 20, rolling 30 higher.

Vern have been dismissed.

2 Keaton Huntsmen have been dismissed.

Devo, an extraordinary Oakhaven bloodhound have been dismissed.

Faith, a white-tailed eagle have been dismissed.

The Amari of even a year ago would probably be very, very upset at this point, but that's not how knights behave, even when boars are trying to chew your feet off. Be steady, be bold and never cry. She realizes in the moment that she still has Kritr's spear in hand, and more reflexively than not, she drives it straight down with all the force she can muster. The point catches the beast's flank and the entire thing is yanked away from her as the stricken boar violently whirls and runs away, squealing its head off at the pain and indignity of being speared. It doesn't look good for that one.

Vitalis sinks the blade deep and staggers back, eyes wide, face ashen. He blinks, looks around wildly and moves to find Rocker, brow knit fiercely. No triumph here. Vast bewilderment. He leaves the unfolding ruin of the sounder and the other hunters for those gathered to watch.

Vitalis has joined the a large purple pansy carpet.

Rowley has left the a large purple pansy carpet.

Kedehern checked dexterity + huge wpn at difficulty 20, rolling 46 higher.

Rosalind blinks at the boar. What in the spirits! She hurries back a little, quicking getting another arrow in place. Without thought but with great precision, Rosalind releases and gets the boar right in the piggy butt! Rosa grins a little as it squeals and runs, but still--"There goes the bacon."

Vitalis has left the a large purple pansy carpet.

Kastelon whistles sharply, shaking out the arm that he'd caught the boar's charge with, and Resolute dashes forth like a powerful black-and-tan streak through the undergrowth, pursuing a fleeing boar.

As Kedehern comes across the boars, two are quickly achase, and two more are down, so Kedehern focuses on the one that still has some fight in him. He sets his heels to his steed, and charges! With a quick thrust of his boar spear, he quickly runs Pickles down, spitting him quick and clean!

Connal, a Northern Wolfhound, Honeymare leave, following Rosalind.

Kastelon follows Resolute, and finds the bloodhound panting in triumph over the carcass of a slain boar. The huntsman kneels to ruffle the dog's floppy ears, and finds a little bleeding knick in that proud black-and-tan coat. He shows the hound his arm, and they share an amused but unsmiling moment of solidarity, man and beast crouched over a felled prey.

Kritr gets to his own feet and wraps one arm around his lochaber axe so that he can ward off any further charge from the remaining boars with its point. Not that there are any, the reinforcement showed up at just the right time. He offers his free hand to Amari. "We'll find the spear later." He didn't even get stab one of the beasts. "Going to have to find my horse first."

So it is that the final pig, poor Pickles, is sent to hog heaven. In the end, there are a total of five dead boar, a turkey, a deer, some rabbits and grouse. An extremely successful hunt! On the ride back to the grounds, there is much chatter and talking and boasting as the sun lowers on the horizon. When they reach the grounds, the torches have just been lit, blankets are spread over the grounds and there is a massive picnic 'buffet'. There is wine, whiskey, tea and even hot cocoa circulating. The game is taken and dressed by Keaton staff, and made ready to be taken home at the end of the night.

Apollo rises uneasily from the carpet and heads for the gate, sprinting after the first ten steps or so.

Apollo has left the a large purple pansy carpet.

Siri, an attentive apprentice, Paris, a charming mercenary, 2 Keaton Huntsmen, Nomius, a deeply skeptical bloodhound leave, following Apollo.

"I'm sorry all the same. Let me ride ahead and fetch your horse for you at least." Amari tells Kritr, even if it really wasn't her fault his spear ran away from her. "Hopefully that was the last..." Then more loudly, she calls out to the rest of the party, "Is everyone well?" Assuming yes, the horse, the boars and the spear are all found before she joins everyone on the return to Arx.

Margerie has been 'holding court' with those who had no interest in hunting. As the hunters return, she looks anxiously for Shae.

"Doesn't this all look tasty." Alessia seems keen to enjoy the picnic food available. New found determination in her expression, as she settles on one of the blankets with food and whiskey.

Kastelon gets Keaton picnic basket from Table of picnic baskets.

Kritr nods to Amari. "I'll follow the boar. No point in leaving it dead in the distance." So he plays a role in the hunt in the end. He's happy to carry one of the dressed boar on his shoulder as they return to the picnic at hand.

Kastelon settles in to eat at the picnic buffet, letting Resolute onto the blanket beside him and tossing over large chunky morsels of cured sausage to the bloodhound while he focuses on bread and goat cheese. Experimentally, he dribbles some Laurent honey onto the cheese and develops a very pensive expression while tasting it.

There is a smile to Amari, and she nods, "I'm well," she assures her cousin as the group returns to the picnic area. Amber eyes looking around as she dismounts and lets Caerwyn graze on some grass. Daegmund finds Margerie first, tail happily wagging as he greets her. And Shae is not far behind, a bright smile for her mother. "Mom!" She calls out to Margerie. Giving a friendly smile to all of those there at the hunt and the picnic. "Well done, everyone," she says cheerfully.

Reigna returns and dismounts from her horse, smiling brightly, though her eyes are on Kastelon and she calls out, "Cousin, do you need some bandaging? And what of Resolute? Is he alright?"

Coming back with a boar, and a pair of grouse, Kedehern is rather chipper, it seems, with a large smile on his face. Looking to Shae, "You know, we should hunt some of those stags in Mistward again, at some point," he remarks. "Perhaps bring some others along with us, even," he adds. Once they're back at the picnic area, he would unload the boar and grouse, and give a wave to his mother-in-law, as well as some of the others nearby.

Margerie's bloodhound is as excited to greet Daegmund as Daegmund is to greet Margerie. She laughs and offers loving pats to the dog before rising from her spot and motioning for Shae to come over. "Shae! How was the hunt? Come, look who joined me." She motions to the Harthall marquessa. "You remember Sunniva, yes? And where is that husband of yours?" She looks beyond Shae, seeking out her son-in-law.

Amari sneaks off upon her return to the Hall to freshen up and wanders out later looking less wild from the day's hunt. Her hair is down, face scrubbed and clothes changed. It would be slightly gauche to wander around in boar blood after all. At the edge of the picnic blankets and the torchlight she stops to stretch her arms over her head and yawn while her fingers tickle the stars slowly appearing in the twilight sky above.

Alessia has left the a large purple pansy carpet.

"Marquessa, have you tried honey with goat cheese before?" Kastelon asks Reigna in his deep Oathlander accent. He holds out his experiment, then turns his arm. "Just a scrape." Canting his head towards the hound happily gobbling sausage, he adds, "Resolute has one too. We're friends." After the hunt, he seems largely at ease and content, sitting on the picnic blanket in the twilight with his dog nearby and family around.

"I have! I especially like sliced apples with honey and goats cheese!" Reigna replies to Kastelon, smiling brightly. "When I was pregnant with..." She pauses and looks to Kael, "Which one was it that had me obsessed with goats cheese? Talis? I think it was Talis. With Aeryn, it was bacon wrapped pickles. Those were courtesy of Princess Alis."

Kritr leaves the boar carcass where it will be butchered and after washing up sits down to eat from the picnic baskets provided.

"Goat cheeses with Talis and the pickles were definitely with Aeryn," remarks Kael as he sends his horse along to the stables and moves to join his wife. "Though I think that the pickles came back with Brianna and that is why we have that pony named what it is with Talis." There is a logic there, somehow.

WHen Margerie rises, Sunniva has to lean back slightly as she was seated right next to the woman. And then she's being motioned to, and she rises gracefully to her feet. "Lady Shae," she offers with a warm smile. "It has been too long."

Reigna slips an arm around Kael and smiles, "It is very good that you remember. But I think that I am over pickles and bacon for the time being." Reigna wags her brows and flashes a smile before she waves to Kastelon and leads Kael towards a blanket.

Margerie's bloodhound is greeted as well by Daegmund, though not so energetically. Maintaining his demeanor as he does so. And then Sunniva is carefully sniffed at as well, checking out the new person! So excite! Shae smiles to Kedehern, nodding at his remark to her, "We should, that is a wonderful idea. Perhaps next summer, we can have a big feast and hunt." She suggests to her husband as they make their way to Margerie. Who is hugged and given a kiss to her cheek. "It was good, I snared some rabbits. And we brought back a few boars." She answers her mother, as to Sunniva, she glances to the woman. Greeting her with a bright friendly smile. "Marquessa Sunniva, it is greet to see you."

Kastelon nods to Reigna, and to Kael. He seems pleased, despite not smiling, and returns to eating his bread with goat cheese and honey.



Back to list